In the Tallahassee real estate market, things are moving quickly! Having the right house, at the right price isn’t all you need to get your home sold fast. Buyers are looking for that perfect home and that means Staging. While selling your home can get pricey, we at Armor Realty know that staging your home properly shouldn’t have to be. Tallahassee homes for sale that are moving quickly are following these simple rules to provide a fresh and clean canvas for buyers to envision their future.
This article by RISMedia details 5 simple rules to prepare your home for sale. Follow these tips when trying to get TOP dollar for your home:
- De-Personalize: While buyers are seeing your home, they are picturing themselves in the space. Take down the family and wedding photos, and replace them with simple pieces that make the space pop.
- De-Clutter and Maximize space: Clean out the closets and kitchen, and organize bedrooms for a polished look. Think about storing some of your off-season clothing and purchasing hangers that are all the same color.
- Sanitize: While this one may seem obvious, cleanliness is KEY in getting your home sold. Clearing off countertops allows for spaces to seem much larger and more relaxing.
- Updated is best: Stainless appliances and silver or chrome finishes sell more houses than the dated gold finishes and white or black appliances.
- Neutrals: A fresh coat of paint does wonders for getting a home sold quickly. Buyers aren’t looking to change everything the moment they purchase a home. Having a neutral wall palette will allow the new homeowners to add personal touches and truly make the home theirs.